CD/DVD drive won't play CDs any more

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by aldavis, Mar 25, 2012.

1. aldavis

aldavis

CDs and DVDs have stopped playing on my PC and not been playing for a few weeks now. I initially attributed to a problem with the CDs and DVDs.

I have iTunes, which I religiously keep up to date. Now iTunes is unable to import CDs. I have run iTunes diagnostics and it just comes back with "No audio CD found".

Output:

**** CD/DVD Drive Tests ****

No drivers in LowerFilters.
    UpperFilters: GEARAspiWDM (2.2.0.1),

E: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Q, Rev 0303
    Drive is empty.

N.B. Not sure what the "LowerFilters" are.

I have tried Microsoft FixIt, again, no help ...

"Media in CD/DVD drive is not readable ... The drive is empty or the media format is not supported"

I have checked the Hardware in Control Panel and it reports that the device is working properly. I have tried to update the driver and it's up-to-date, I've un-installed and re-installed the driver ... again without success.

A number of people seem to have reported similar issues which appear to be linked to iTunes ... is this the right?

I have read a number of posts with issues linked to this but this seems to be an extreme case as I cannot play anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

My last resort will be a re-build but it's only been a few months since my last one ... again related to iTunes!

aldavis, Mar 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. aldavis

silvertree

The same thing happened to me 2 years ago. I downloaded I tunes as part of a language program and the I tunes software disabled the cd/dvd driver system. I tunes and apple will NOT accept responceability for the damage. I had to take my computer back to the store and have it reloaded. (If you want I tunes, buy a mac.) Now, My mate bought a I pad and downloaded I tunes (while I was away) and the same thing, no cd/dvd drive. Any suggestions?

silvertree, Apr 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. aldavis

pmfman

cant delete message

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    pmfman, Nov 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question