cant visit paypal site

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by chicken patty, Nov 30, 2007.

1. chicken patty

chicken patty

hey gang! I have a strange problem on my laptop which is running vista. I cant seem to goto the Paypal website. It just takes forever and then I get a "page not found...". Has anyone else encountered anything like this? I can visit the paypal site on my other computer (a desktop running XP). Im stumped. :blink:

chicken patty, Nov 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. chicken patty

kingofnexus

If your using IE7 (I presume you are) then go into tools on the left hand corner and then delete browsing history. On the window which pops up click on 'delete files' and 'delete cookies'.

kingofnexus, Nov 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. chicken patty

chicken patty

I have "window washer" installed on my system, which deletes the cache,historyand the cookies automatically everytime I close the browser window, so no luck with that (i did it manually just to make sure). it makes no sense. What is really weird is thatpaypal USED to work on this laptop and then it just stopped working. I dont have any problems with any other site (hotmail, e-bay, etc...). I just cant visit the paypal site from this laptop. Does anyone have any ideas, I'm stumped......:alien:

chicken patty, Dec 4, 2007
  4. chicken patty

Jason

Check out your phishing filter and clean that out. It may think paypal is a phishing site and is why you are blocked.

Jason, Dec 5, 2007
  5. chicken patty

faust1200

Consider trying Firefox which is in most people's opinion a superior browser. If for no other reason than to troubleshoot.

faust1200, Dec 5, 2007
  6. chicken patty

chicken patty

My phishing filter is turned off. Geesh louise. this is a puzzler. what oh what could it be?! :crazy:

and yeah, if I ever do switch browsers, it will be to firefox. Im just all set up with IE7 right now (all of my buttons are set up just so with their icons and such) and i'm afraid of change....

chicken patty, Dec 6, 2007
  7. chicken patty

kingofnexus

Try going into start menu > all programs > accessories > system tools > internet explorer (no add-ons)

Try getting into pay pal using that.

kingofnexus, Dec 6, 2007
  8. chicken patty

chicken patty

ugh. I tried IE without add-ons andSTILL no luck.Idont have a clue what it could be....

chicken patty, Dec 6, 2007
  9. chicken patty

Jason

Try this, the problem could be w/ your Pc's DNS cache.

Frequently web connection problems can be traced to a corrupted DNS cache. Flushing this cache is an easy fix to many of these problems. This is how to flush the cache in Vista.

Here is how to fix that corrupted DNS cache in vista.

1. Click the Microsoft Vista Start logo in the bottom left corner of the screen

2. Click All Programs

3. Click Accessories

4. RIGHT-click on Command Prompt

5. Select Run As Administrator

6. In the command window type the following and then hit enter: ipconfig /flushdns

If that fails to help:

Give firefox a shot just so you can be sure that IE is indded causing the problem, not some kind of IP ban on paypals side.

Jason, Dec 6, 2007
  10. chicken patty

chicken patty

Blast! I tried it and it didn't work. I REALLY want to be able to access Paypal from this laptop.

Ok, I think I want to give Firefox a try. Do I just install it like a regular program? should I delete IE off of my laptop? Can anyone recommend a good source of Firefox info for a noob such as myself? ...so many questions. Thanx, btw for everyone's help, this board is great! :smooooth:

chicken patty, Dec 8, 2007
  11. chicken patty

kingofnexus

Nothing to it really, just install firefox like any other program. It works almost the same as IE.

kingofnexus, Dec 8, 2007
  12. chicken patty

chicken patty

Oh geesh. Ok, so I installed Firefox and got it all installed and I was able to visit Paypal one time and from then on, it won't work. What the heck is going on? I can visit on my desktop which is on the same network, so I dont think my IP is being blocked on the Paypal end. Is there anyway to diagnose the problem in Firefox?

chicken patty, Dec 8, 2007
  13. chicken patty

kingofnexus

ROFL

At least it worked once. Its a very weird problem which I have never come across before. Does restarting the computer let you visit the website at least once?

I'm not really a firefox user, but see if 'tools>clear private data' and clearing everything out helps. Also see if anything is said under 'tools>page info'.

kingofnexus, Dec 10, 2007
  14. chicken patty

andyt

hi im new to this vista but i had the same prob but i nistalled netscap 9 and now i can get my paypall account ok and hotmail just do the same as you did with firefox hope it works for you 2

andyt, Dec 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question