can't save as PDF, RPC server unavail

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Zach, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Zach

Zach

System crashed, connecting to the internet did not work, I searched around for the error that was coming up and replaced some network stuff:
    1) netsh winsock reset
    2) netsh int ip reset
    3) net localgroup administrators localservice /add
    4) net localgroup administrators networkservice /add
    5) exit
    Then reboot.

problem 1 solved

problem 2. In Final Draft when I want to save a file as a pdf this error pops up:
    Error initializing printer is the title of the box and in the box, The RPC server is unavailable.

I went into the services and RPC says it's set to automatic. I can't restart it or stop it and DComm Server Process System that it depends on is set to automatic and I can't restart or stop it, it's menu is also grayed out.

I looked in the registry, but I dunno how to edit it so I didn't touch anything.

One thing I found said to copy and edit something in the registry, but I'm on a laptop, don't know if I can email such things, and I'm not sure how to paste something into the registry.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    Zach, Sep 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Zach

Zach

read that I may need to have Adobe Printer in the printers section. Tried to add a printer but it says the printer spool isnt running.
    I start the printer spool and then when I try to add a printer it gives me the error 0x0000006be

very confused

Zach, Sep 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Zach

Zach

dell quickset stopped working as well

Zach, Sep 11, 2010
  4. Zach

Zach

ran glary reg repair
    ran disk clean up
    ran disk defrag