can't restore my sidebar

Discussion in 'Sidebar & GUI Customization' started by jessie faelnar, May 5, 2010.

1. jessie faelnar

jessie faelnar

i cant restore my sidebar and i've tried to change the settings in the sidebar properties but under the

maintenance section..the 2 options View list of Running Gadgets and Restore Gadgets installed with Windows is

grayed out and i think its because of this that I can't restore my sidebars.. Please help!

jessie faelnar, May 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. jessie faelnar

WAW8

It's unbelievably stupid of MS to design a system that allows a corrupted gadget to cripple your system... but so be it.

This is particularly nasty problem to solve ... and the solutions don't always work. I had this happen to me and had to resort to System Restore to get a working system back.

But, you can try the following ...

First, use the details in the link below to stop the sidebar from starting with Vista:

[url]http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-windows-sidebar-in-vista/ [/url]

Reboot and then remove the gadgets by going to Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets and removing the individual gadget files. You can try removing them individually, rebooting, and restarting the sidebar. If only one gadget is corrupt, that will usually work. But if that doesn't work, you will end up removing them all.

You will then need to download and reinstall the gadgets individually. Do that one at a time, making sure each one works properly before you do the next.

WAW8, May 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. jessie faelnar

raobharath12

Slide bar issues

You can go to the control panel in classic view there is a icon called Windows Slidebar Properties using that you can restore your slidebar.

Regards
    Bharath

raobharath12, Jun 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question