Can't remove logitech from startup

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by atherin, Jul 19, 2007.

1. atherin

atherin

Hello all, I am new to this. I installed software for a logitech quickclick camera and then uninstalled it, problem is that I can't get rid of the start up programs. When I go to Windows Defender and click on the logitech, it won't let me remove them from my startup. Any suggestions?

atherin, Jul 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. atherin

SwiftImmortal_1

The most useful suggestion I can give...disable Windows Defender - it's a useless system hog.

To remove startup entries, the easy way is to download CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com) and use the program's startup utility to remove unwanted entries. The other way is to run regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE_Software_Microsoft_Windows_CurrentVersion_Run. Also some programs store startup entries in HKEY_CURRENT USER then follow the same chain to CurrentVersion_Run.

That should fix you right up :D

SwiftImmortal_1, Jul 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. atherin

Jason

You can either remove it by going to your searchbox on the start menu and typing: msconfig -> startup tab -> uncheck it. If that doesnt work you can download AutoRuns which is a free app from microsoft for disabling anything at all that boots on startup. It's a very very good app. I suggest you download it, it's very easy to run and doesnt even need to be installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Security/Autoruns.mspx

Jason, Jul 19, 2007
  4. atherin

atherin

Jason thank you for your help. The msconfig worked. Defender is complaining about a blocked program, but I couldn't figure out how to remove it since it isn't on the list anymore. Thanks again.

atherin

atherin, Jul 20, 2007
  5. atherin

Jason

Glad it worked, Vista always pops up and tells me startup programs were blocked. I need to look into fixing that.

Jason, Jul 20, 2007
  6. atherin

AmericanNightmare

The only way i have found to keep Defender form yelling at me about blocked startup programs is by getting rid of it or disabling it like was said before. As far as it being a "useless system hog" well i'll just hold my tongue for once.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question