Can't relocate "Pictures" folder to its default location

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Slothien, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Slothien

Slothien

Hi, I just purchased a laptop with vista and it's all new to me.

When I was using XP, I like to partition my Harddrive into C: and D: so that all my data are in the D: while all my programs are in C: I do this because if I was to reformat, I can do so easily as none of my data will be affected as I only reformat the C:

Now that I'm using Vista, I was trying to do the same thing. However, it was slightly different. So I've partitioned my harddrive into C: and D: Then, I relocated my "Documents" folder into D: So that was fine. Then I also tried to move other folders such as the "Music" "Pictures" folders etc into D:

I started off with moving my "Pictures" folder to my D: but then it screwed up. I don't know exactly what happened but basically it seemed like my "documents" folder and my "Pictures" folder merged into one. not only that, now I see two D:

Anyways, so I tried to move my "Pictures" folder back to its default location C:\Users\(user name)\Pictures

but then I get this error message: Failed to build list of regular subfolders under "D:\System Volume Identification" Access is denied.

Does anyone why and how can I place my "Pictures" folder back into its default location?

Thanks!

Slothien, Dec 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question