Can't play my music files from my second hard drive

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by pfiz, Jan 9, 2007.

1. pfiz

pfiz

Okay I installed Vista, and everything is running great except that Windows Media pLayer is not allowing my mp3's to be played! The mp3's are located on a second hard drive, and when I click on them WMP says that I do not have privelages or soemthing like that. I tried takign ownership and setting everyhtign to allow fully, but it wil not work any other suggestions?

pfiz, Jan 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. pfiz

snowroom

hmm... can u access and browse on the harddrive without any problems? copy and paste files without problems?

i the drive mounted correctly?

snowroom, Jan 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. pfiz

pfiz

It is in my laptop. I have dual 100's so I assume they are mounted correctly...I kist found out that I can play them if I run WMP in adminstrator mode, but it wont play them w/o. So at least I can listen but I would like to be able to do that w/o the UAC coming up everytime I run WMP.

pfiz, Jan 9, 2007
  4. pfiz

Camride

What laptop do you have? They are both internal drives? If they are, it might be a problem with how Vista is recognising the second drive. If they're not in a RAID or anything then it should just show up as another HD in My Computer right? You've made sure you have ownership of the entire drive right? If all that is set-up properly then I'm not sure what the problem is. I haven't had any issues playing MP3's but I only have one HD in my laptop(which is currently too small). Post up some more info and I'll see if I can help.

Camride, Jan 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question