Can't play .mov file

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by sharirazwan, Feb 20, 2011.

1. sharirazwan

sharirazwan

Hi,
    THIS IS MY WINDOWS INFO:
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3001 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1309 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 146476 MB, Free - 5470 MB; D: Total - 142847 MB, Free - 5947 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 4935 , V1.02, Base Board Serial Number
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Im currently runnning windows vista home premium sp2 with quicktime codec and k-lite mega codec install. My problems is i cant open .mov file after i receive it from my best friends. For your information i copy the video from his nikon video camera memory stick. There are various type of video player that i have install just to play the video such as gom player, vlc, km player etc. but still the video cant be played. When i open it in Quicktime player it alway give me this error -2248 : Couldn't open the file P1080202.MOV because it is not a file that Quicktime understands.
    On the other hand i try convert it using Xilisoft Video converter pro and AVS Video Converter but it fails as usual so what should i do now? The video is so important to me because it my graduation video. At the same time my best friends already move away and i cant ask the video for the second time (if im copy it wrongly).
    Please help me if you know the solution because the video is so important to me because i can only graduate once in my lifetime and the video is my memory from my friends.:(

sharirazwan, Feb 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. sharirazwan

WAW8

Camera manufacturers are known to do wierd things with their video files. I seriously doubt that the files in the camera are .mov files. More likely, they're Mpeg-2 or something similar.

What might work is to have your friend import the video file(s) from their camera to their PC. Then, you will be able to see the actual video file format. Your friend should then be able to burn the file to CD/DVD in a format that is compatible with your PC.

WAW8, Feb 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question