Can't launch Vista speech recognition wizard.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by keith11, Feb 7, 2008.

1. keith11

keith11

Although I knew about the speech recognition feature in Vista Business I never wanted to try it until I accidentally came across a demo video of speech recognition in Vista. It seems it could save a lot of time, especially for those who work on a lot of papers and reports.

I tried to launch the speech recognition feature but an error window popped up saying the wizard could not be launched. It asked me to check if my audio hardware is working fine and if it is configured properly. I checked all my settings for audio but everything seems normal. The drivers for the microphone are installed and I can even record through the inbuilt microphone. What could I be missing?

Thanks,

Keith.

Note: There was a similar post on this forum where a user experiencing the same problem created another admin account and got rid of the problem. I do not want to create another account just for voice recogntion to work and also, it doesn't solve the actual problem.

keith11, Feb 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. keith11

keith11

I tried editing my previous post but I couldn't post it after editing so I am posting some new information here. I get the error message window for all the applications under the speech recognition options page; for example, when I click on "configure microphone for speech recognition" the same error window pops up saying speech recognition wizard could not start.

Keith.

keith11, Feb 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. keith11

keith11

It seems to me that I am unable to launch the speech recognition engine. It could be because the language packs that I have installed are not working. The default engine that is installed on my machine doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there a way I could fix it by uninstalling or reinstalling the speech recognition engine or the language packs?

Thanks,

Keith.

keith11, Feb 18, 2008
  4. keith11

zilla

I am having the same problem. Wizard could not launch. Is there a thread that addresses this problem?

zilla, May 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question