Can't install Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by dannycastro, Mar 19, 2013.

1. dannycastro

dannycastro

I have a Gateway m-6337 notebook. My computer was running slow and the explorer.exe kept crashing. I decided to start with a fresh install so I put in the installation disk. I formatted with disk part, I also partitioned and marked as active. I tried to install vista first part of installation goes smooth and then it hangs up on completing installation. I left it overnight and came back to a black screen with the white cursor, tried reinstalling and nothing. tried running all recovery tools I.E. startup repair, memory diagonosis, and prompt. everything looks good except they don't detect a installation. I'm writing post from another computer. Please help me out.
    oh and vista ran great before not sure what exactly happened.

Gateway M-6337
    3 gb ram
    250 gb sata ahci wd hard drive

dannycastro, Mar 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. dannycastro

dannycastro

also if I try to go into safe mode hangs up on crcdsk.sys

1. Advertisements

3. dannycastro

dannycastro

The one thing that I was thinking it was was my hard drive drivers but I have a Phoenix motherboard and I cant change any hard drive options I downloaded the drivers from gateway and tried to load during vista installation but Im not sure Im doing it right or if I have to burn them to a iso disk. I have been using a flash drive

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question