cant install adobe reader 8.0, and many other weird things happened

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Sarosh, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Sarosh

Sarosh

I cant installAdobe reader 8.0on ultimate 64 bit.

I get this message

"The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or inaccessible. Free up space on the drive or verify that you have written permission on the Temp folder"

also the stranges thing happened when i plugged in my external harddrive, now a lot of my folders are faded, and their icons have the curved arrow like the short cut icon. and everytime i try to open those folders, it says access denied.

I have tried to do it in cmd as admin, nothing works, even tried to turn off the UAC and didnt make a difference. so i tried to plug in the external hdd back in and didnt make a difference either. i dont know why this all happened when i plugged it in.

oh also desktop.ini now there are 2 on desktop shaded out. why is it there and not move able?

Sarosh, Feb 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Sarosh

sin

check tomake sureyour environment variable paths for TEMP and TMP are the same. type "set" in cmd window to display system paths - if they are different, RMB mycomputer and select "advanced system properties" in the left pane. click environment variables, and make the necessary changes to the paths.

sin, Feb 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Sarosh

Sarosh

they are in the same path..

Sarosh, Feb 11, 2007
  4. Sarosh

GTT

I used to have so many problem with my vista. Then i decided to format my pc and reinstall everything with Vista only. Now, my pc works perfect with no error massage at all.

GTT, Feb 11, 2007
  5. Sarosh

Danny UK

I had problems installing Acrobat, this may help you.

adobe

Danny

Danny UK, Feb 11, 2007
  6. Sarosh

Sarosh

many thanks that fixed it! :)

Sarosh, Feb 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question