Can't import Outlook Web Access emails to Outlook 2007 on new computer

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by alabaster, Jan 15, 2008.

1. alabaster

alabaster

Hi,

I have been using Outlook Web Access to check my email, but now that I have a new computer with Outlook 2007, I'd like to use Outlook 2007 as my primary method to check email. I tried to set it up yesterday, but I must have done something wrong.

I can't receive emails at the Outlook 2007, nor can I export all my emails from the Outlook Web Access to my Outlook 2007 on my computer. Any ideas?

I appreciate any suggestions--many thanks!

alabaster, Jan 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. alabaster

MrMagic

The first question I would have to ask is, does the place that provides your Outlook Web service actually provide a POP3 and SMTP service so that you can use Outlook to pull and send messages? If it does not, then you're stuck. Thats the first hurdle, verify that you have the correct addresses for the POP and SMTP servers set into Outlook and that those actually work. You can test it by using the 'TEST' function in Outlook to see if the messages actually get sent and received by the servers. As an example, the company I work for does provide me the ability to use Outlook Web but does NOT support or provide POP and SMTP so I MUST use Outlook Web to check my company mail.

If your provider does not support POP and SMTP, you're stuck.

Steve

MrMagic, Jan 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question