Can't get sound working on my laptop

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by magus05, Apr 28, 2007.

1. magus05

magus05

I have a Compaq R4012us laptop. It's got an Atholn 64 3200+, Xpress 200m graphics (with dedicated 128mb memory), and 1280mb of ram. The sound card is a Realtek AC97.

I am running x64 Vista Ultimate.

I have scoured the internet for solutions to this problem. I have tried official drivers from many sources, unofficial (hacked) drivers, and nothing seems to want to work.

I do know that in order for sound to work on this laptop, I need to install the proper Southbridge video driver. I went to ATI and found a Vista 64 pack with Catalyst drivers and the Southbridge driver.

When I run the install, it tells me it's installing Northbridge drivers (nothing else). Upon completion, it tells me to restart. After the restart the is no Catalyst Control Center (even though there should be) and when I run the updater (that did manage to install), it tells me I need to install Northbridge drivers. I checked with ATI on this and they told me I needed to install .net Framework. Which is all fine and dandy except that Vista has it integrated from the start.

Does anybody here have an R4000 (or the HP twin, DV6000)? Can you hep me get this figured out before I'm forced to run 32 bit?

magus05, Apr 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question