can't get past bios screen, second time this has happened

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by kylebrock7, Nov 2, 2010.

1. kylebrock7

kylebrock7

**i know this is in the wrong section, but noone looks in the other sections, sorry lol**

new to windows vista forums.. well heres what happened. i turned on my computer and i cant get past the bios screen.. i get stuck at the loading screen.. (will add link to show you the picture.) this has happened before, so i had my dad take it to a local computer doctor (yes im a kid, 13 years old haha) and they fixed it, completely wiping everything except for my documents. i have linux mint 8 on my usb, and im able to boot up onto that (thats what im on now) and i went into my hdd and all my files are still there. is there anything i can do? its not letting me get into safe mode, (once all the drivers load it just stays there.. well maybe im impatient but im pretty sure it wont load because last time this happened it went to a blue background with just a cursor.) my laptop is a hp g70 246US. sp2 i think
    heres a link to the picture
    tinypic&com^r^2mnrfo5^7
    since im new, i cant post links, so heres a key.. &= period (.) and ^=forward slash (/)
    sorry its sideways and sorry for my grammar/spelling.. i just need a quick answer
    please help me, is there anyway i can like repair my startup files without restoring?

kylebrock7, Nov 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. kylebrock7

WAW8

If you had a Vista install DVD or a Vista Repair CD, you could boot from that and try running Startup Repair three times. That often fixes boot problems.

Barring that, you would need to go to the link below, download and burn the CD image of the appropriate Vista Repair CD, and boot using that to do repairs:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

WAW8, Nov 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question