Can't find any wireless networks?

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by qwerty994, Oct 7, 2011.

1. qwerty994

qwerty994

Back in 2007, my brother and I both got Dell Inspiron 1521 laptops. About a year or 2 back, they just broke and we stopped using them. About a week ago, I combined the 2 laptops and created 1 working laptop. At first I had no problems with the wireless connection, but I recently wiped the hard drive and started fresh, and now it can't find any wireless networks. I have reset the router and all, but it can't find ANY routers. (Usually there are several different connections). I tested both wpan chips, but the problem was still in effect. I'm now using a wire for my internet, but that is making my brother mad (because he uses it for XBOX :rolleyes: ). Is there anything I can do?

qwerty994, Oct 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. qwerty994

StormInternet

Hello,

The first thing to check would be the wireless device is installed and setup correctly under device manager (To access this right click on my computer and go to "Manage" and then select "Device Manager") and to make sure you have the most up to date drivers for that wireless adaptor/laptop.

Dell have a really nice feature on their site where you can enter the Service Tag number of the laptop (usually found underneath the laptop on a black sticker with white writing) and it will display the hardware installed at the time of shipping and the associated drivers for each major operating system version you can think of.

Hope this helps.

StormInternet, Oct 18, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question