CAN'T DELETE OR DISABLE GOOGLE SEARCH BAR AUTOCOMPLETE

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tech_Challenged, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Tech_Challenged

Tech_Challenged

Hi All: When I go to Int Options/Contents/AutoComplete/Settings, the box is already unchecked. Still all of my prior searches keep appearing after I type the first couple of letters that fit! No matter what I do, no success in clearing and disabling this annoyingly persistent (and potentiallydisastrous)feature.:exclamationmark:

THANKS for all attempts at helping.

Tech_Challenged, Aug 26, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Tech_Challenged

WAW8

Please read the forum descriptions before posting. This forum is for Introductions, not technical questions. Please post your technical questions in the appropriate forum, in this case, the General Technical forum.

WAW8, Aug 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Tech_Challenged

Tech_Challenged

Dear WAWB... Indeed a WARM HELLO to you and all, as well as a sincere apology for my ignorance and haste! Your very polite correction is welcomed and appreciated.

I will tell my friends about this great resource.

Tech_Challenged, Aug 27, 2008
  4. Tech_Challenged

WAW8

This forum is run and staffed by volunteers -- who don't owe you, or your friends, anything! The only thing we ask, in turn for contributing hours and hours of our time and receiving nothing in return, is that the posters follow a few simple rules.

Right at the top of this forum there is a pinned post that indicates the rules for posting on this forum. If you had read it, you would have seen that it clearly says NOT to post technical questions in this forum.

We have search turned off, thus leaving the only way to find answers being looking in the proper forum. When folks won't post in the proper forums, that means we have to spend additional time moving posts around.

I, for one, no longer have the time to "clean up" after folks who are too lazy to follow a few simple rules. So, either post in the proper forum or leave. Your choice.

As for this being a "great resource", well, thank you for that. If you'd bothered to look at our stats, you see we have nearly 8,000 forum members. So, somebody else must think this is a "great resource" as well.

WAW8, Aug 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question