CANT CONTROL VOLUME. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by integra144, May 25, 2007.

1. integra144

integra144

Originally when I installed Vista the volume button on my laptop and attached keyboard worked fine like in XP though no green volume indicator would light up on the screen. Being the bored person I am I went to the Realtek AC'97 site and downloaded the Vista driver, unzipped and installed. The green volume indicator now comes up but it no longer controls the volume. I does not does not control anything now except have a green thing move up and down. I installed it and restarted so Vista install the one that came with it, still the buttons do not work. Also the volume on my USB attached keyboard works, but no green thing just the speaker thing moves in the task bar and control the volume which is good at least the volume can be control.d How do I get my laptops volume hard button to work? As it is a laptop and I will not carry around a full size keyboard to have dedicated volume buttons. PLEASE HELP

Thanks

integra144, May 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. integra144

Evolution

Might want to check the laptopmanufacture's site for a updates to your keyboard drivers.

Evolution, May 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. integra144

integra144

I tried that no updates. I really need to get this working. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

integra144, May 25, 2007
  4. integra144

VistaRocks

Go into the device manager and uninstall the driver and delete the file you saved when you downloaded it.

VistaRocks, May 25, 2007
  5. integra144

integra144

Thanks for everyones help. I fixed it, it was Acer's Launch Manager causing the problem. I should have none not to install XP stuff on Vista especially when Vista is recommending you not to.

Thanks

integra144, May 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question