Cant connect to internet with Vista....

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by v0lten, Feb 22, 2007.

1. v0lten

v0lten

I just upgraded to Vista, I did a clean install. Anyways.... my network adapter is installed and the drivers are up to date. I go to connect to the internet and it says "Connecting through WAN miniport (PPPoe)....." After a few seconds it says Error 815: The broadband connection (and then it says something that doesnt matter).... After the first time I got this message I went to Help and Support and clicked on "trouble connecting to internet" and it actually did a network dianostic on its own and then it said it resolved the problem. The internet worked. After my last restart, it stopped working again. I tried doing the same help diagnostic but it no longer works. Anyone know whats going on? Doesnt PPPoe have something to do with dialup?

It also said something about a ServerName. It asked me for a Login Name and Password for the internet but Ive never had one. I have a broadband connection and its just always on.

Please help me ASAP. I very much appreciate it.

v0lten, Feb 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. v0lten

kingofnexus

PPPoe Is password protected internet. This is what is requiring the username and password. Ive only ever had a pppoe internet provider, this meant I just entered the detials into the router and that was that.

Are you using a router to connect to the internet?

kingofnexus, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. v0lten

Antrax

Are you on a cable or Dsl service, router or usb dial up modem?

Antrax, Feb 23, 2007
  4. v0lten

VistaRocks

I know Verizon DSL uses PPPOE. The Username and password are what you use for when you access your admin accout with whoever you got your internet service from.

VistaRocks, Feb 23, 2007
  5. v0lten

peacocklady

I kanow that Vista doesn,t supportrouters connected via usb. If this is how you are connecting, then try connecting using your ethernet cable, this should work. It did for me.:)

peacocklady, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question