Can't boot diagnostics disc

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by OHumphrey, Feb 6, 2016.

1. OHumphrey

OHumphrey

Hi,

I'm about to replace my computer. I've had problems getting it to boot up, but can usually get it going after a few tries. Since I knew I was getting a new one, I didn't bother trying to troubleshoot the problem (fan sounds like an airplane taking off sometimes, or no sound at all -- so I have to shut down and turn on till I can get it to engage the startup).

This time, I got an error message asking for config\system with the status of Oxc000014c.

However, the computer will not let me open safe mode or access the diagnostics disc in the DVD drive. Is there any way for me to get to safe mode or a C prompt so I can fix the problem? I can get into the setup menu with F2.

Thanks!

OHumphrey, Feb 6, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. OHumphrey

OHumphrey

Thanks for reading, but I realized what I was doing wrong -- after wasting a few hours. Haven't had to deal with this type of issue in a long time and I was using the diagnostics disc instead of the installation disc. I feel foolish. Looking forward to getting the new computer!

OHumphrey, Feb 7, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question