Can't access recovery partition

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by tutomut3, Jan 12, 2013.

1. tutomut3

tutomut3

Hi everyone,
    Here's what's happening. I'm trying to restore my gateway back to it's out of box state, which was running Vista. The recovery partition is there, and healthy, but I can't restore from it. I had previously up graded to 7 but what to go back. I had to reinstall the gateway recovery center to do so. But still nothing. I've tried all the function keys, used the vista disc, and so on.
    The only thing I haven't tried are restore disks, since I don't have them anymore(long story).
    Gateway doesn't provide them any more since the system is more than 3 years old.
    Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this done.
    thanks in advance for any advice.:)

tutomut3, Jan 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. tutomut3

clifford_cooley

In disk management, do you have the option to mark the recovery partition as active? Marking a partition active will flag the partition to be booted from.

clifford_cooley, Jan 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. tutomut3

tutomut3

Will that make it boot into the recovery center so I can bring it back to factory state?

tutomut3, Jan 13, 2013
  4. tutomut3

clifford_cooley

I can not guarantee it will work with every system. Although it has always worked for me on my Dell's, eMachine's, and HP's.

clifford_cooley, Jan 13, 2013
  5. tutomut3

tutomut3

Well it didn't work. Maybe there's something wrong with the partition. Though I don't know how, it's never been touched. Anyway, this is what I got when doing that.

Attached Files:

tutomut3, Jan 13, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question