Cannot View Videos at IMDB.com

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by JackDan, Jul 24, 2010.

1. JackDan

JackDan

I am running Vista Home Basic x32, with Internet Explorer 8. I use a web site

(IMDB.com) quite often to get movie information and to view trailors. Videos

would play OK on Imdb.com, until I installed a codec pack. When I realized the

videos would no longer play on IMDB, I uninstalled the codec pack. Videos still

would not play. I tried a system restore, to a time before installing the codec

pack. Still no videos on IMDB. I can play videos on any other web site. In fact I

found that the videos will play using several different browsers. I am partial to IE

8 and don't want other browsers on my machine. I also found that if I create a

new user account, the videos will play. I hope someone knows how to make my

user account play the videos. I have tried everything suggested on the IMDB

site, and on the Adobe Flash player site. Thanks for any help.

JackDan, Jul 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. JackDan

JackDan

I finally ended up creating a new user account, and copying everything from tho old account to the new one. That was successful. Now I can view videos on all web sites. Since I had reinstalled the codec pack prior to creating the new account, all Media applications are working fine. Once I was sure everything was working I removed the old user account, and deleted all files in that user folder. I sure there must be something that I could have done to fix the problem in the original account, but I never found it. Thanks again for your suggestions. THIS PROBLEM IS RESOLVED! !

JackDan, Jul 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. JackDan

Imran92921

Download VLC Player

You can use VLC media player.

Imran92921, Nov 6, 2010
  4. JackDan

WAW8

While yours is an interesting comment -- did you even bother to read the DATE of the post? It was over three months ago! And the poster said their problem was resolved -- which means, they were NOT intending to come back here to follow up on this.

You don't earn any rewards for posting here -- so please don't resurrect a three-month old post just to add a comment -- one that they're most certainly NOT going to read.

WAW8, Nov 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question