Cannot update Window Media

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ty25_james, Oct 10, 2009.

1. ty25_james

ty25_james

I need to make sure I have the latest windows <SPAN style="POSITION: relative; FONT-FAMILY: arial; COLOR: blue !important; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400" class=kLink>media </SPAN><SPAN style="POSITION: relative; FONT-FAMILY: arial; COLOR: blue !important; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400" class=kLink>player</SPAN> on my computer as a few different third party <SPAN style="POSITION: relative; FONT-FAMILY: arial; COLOR: blue !important; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400" class=kLink>applications</SPAN> which play through WMP do not work. When I contact the third parties they said to download the latest updates since that is likely the cause of the problem. When I update the 'Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB941651)' it says The update does not apply to your system. Now I know for a fact I have the 64 bit system since I've checked this under the <SPAN style="POSITION: relative; FONT-FAMILY: arial; COLOR: blue !important; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400" class=kLink>computer</SPAN> properties and I had to know for other software I had to download. Why am i getting this error?? Please help.

ty25_james, Oct 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. ty25_james

WAW8

That update came out in 2007! If you have installed either SP1 or SP2, it's likely that you have already applied that update as a side-effect of one or both of the Service Packs. Windows Update, in that case, will not let you apply this update again.

WAW8, Oct 13, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question