cannot select "English"-vista installion

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by aphelion1736, Apr 21, 2011.

1. aphelion1736

aphelion1736

If anyone can suggest a work around for this behavior it would be great youtube.com/watch?v=9CWtRmAIofo

in the drop down regardless of which language is selected the box automatically scrolls through to the last option which happens to be Japanese. I have noticed similar behavior in open windows in Safe Mode with networking (e.g. if contents of a Windows explorer are more than can fit on screen the scroll bar defaults all the way to the RIGHT-when I pull it left to see the beginning-it returns to the right edge automatically when i release the scroll bar). I started working in Safe mode after the computer started freezing in normal boot a few ago thanks!

aphelion1736, Apr 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. aphelion1736

aphelion1736

Old hard drive had numerous errors and bad sectors -when scanned from an external enclosure w chkdsk-trashed and replaced with new hdd- problem solved.

aphelion1736, Apr 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question