Cannot load vista, recovery tools, or boot from disc

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Allen92909, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Allen92909

Allen92909

Running windows vista service pack 1 on a sony vaio laptop. Left it on overnight, though I had no programs open that I'm aware of. Came back to it in the morning to find the screen frozen. Had to shut it down manually. When I rebooted it took me to a screen that said...

Windows failed to start. Recent hardware software change might be the cause.

It then gives me the option to launch startup repair or to start windows normally. When I click start normally, it goes through the motion of loading, but never gets passed the windows screen and eventually flashes a blue screen of death so quickly I can't even read it, before just starting over. If I click launch startup repair, it starts to load files ,but stops halfway and gives me a screen that said...

windows encountered problem communicating with device. It could be caused by faulty hardware such as hard drive or cd rom that is faulty. Status: 0xc00000e9

So I tried to boot in safe mode and it still won't load, even tried to boot from my vista recovery disc. It won't even give me the option to boot from disc, not even when I go in through the bios to switch the boot order from hard drive to optical drive.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be? My 1 year old slammed it on the table once, days before this happened, do you think he might have loosened something inside the laptop? Do you think my hard drive could be fried? I'm at loss at what to do here and can't afford to replace my laptop and don't want to lose my files. It's been eons since I did a back up.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Allen92909, Dec 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Allen92909

Ztruker

Run Startup Repair, see if it fixes it.

Ztruker, Dec 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Allen92909

Allen92909

I have tried that but it won't run repair. It gives me the option to repair or load normally, but repair won't load all the way. I can't even get the laptop to boot from the vista disc to try and repair from there.

Allen92909, Dec 14, 2013
  4. Allen92909

Ztruker

Can you describe your system please?

Make/model number.
    Amount of ram.
    Hard drive(s) and free space.

What devices are connected.

Ztruker, Dec 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question