Cannot Install Windows Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by tyqre, Sep 4, 2009.

1. tyqre

tyqre

When i try and Install Windows Vista Ultimate i get to the part where i select where i want to download it and it wont let me hit next. It says that my Serial ATA driver is missing. I have up dated my driver and it still says this. What could be the cause of this?:hehe:

my Serial ATA controller is a Nvidia nForce Serial ATA Controller.

I had windows Vista Home premium on it before but my computer did not come with an installation disk.

tyqre, Sep 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. tyqre

WAW8

Don't understand the "download it" part. Vista is installed from a DVD. Where is the "downloading" being done?

Vista doesn't come preloaded with all the SATA controller drivers. You will need 64-bit SATA controller drivers for your motherboard, stored on a CD or USB stick. Then, then you install, you will press F6, insert the CD or USB stick, and select the driver for your controller. That will cause it to be loaded.

Are you trying to install Vista from inside another OS? Because if not, it doesn't matter what came before, the installer reads what's on the DVD.

WAW8, Sep 7, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question