Cannot install latest java on windows vista home premium

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by leonard, Jul 24, 2007.

1. leonard

leonard

i just recently purchased a new home computer with windows vista home premium pre-installed. I attempted to download the program limewire and it was unable to finish installation due to the inability to install java on my system.

I went to java.com to download the latest version of java and it also fails to install on my computer. I have followed java's instructions to download it offline but to no avail - i experience the same difficulty. I get the messages that it falied to set the files time/date stamp and java update fails to apply to my systemand error 1722 there isa problem with windows installer package a program run as part of the set up did not finish and i should contact my support personnel or package supplier.

Any ideas of any other sort of approach i can try to get this to work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

leonard, Jul 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. leonard

AmericanNightmare

Gotothe directory to which it was downloaded right-click and run as administrator.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. leonard

Angela2389

Same problem here and still doesn't work when I select the option 'Run as administrator', any other ideas how to solve this?

Angela2389, Jul 29, 2007
  4. leonard

kingofnexus

Mine has installed, but I get problems with IE until I uninstall it. My friend with XP cant get it to install on his computer either like you guys. Makes me think there is some sort of problem with the latest version.

kingofnexus, Jul 29, 2007
  5. leonard

AmericanNightmare

You have to do an offline installationgoto the folder it was downloaded to andrun the following file as Admin. jre-1_6_0_<version>-windows-i586.exe

AmericanNightmare, Jul 29, 2007
  6. leonard

Kraut55

Vista Home Premium, Firefox 2.0.0.5

I ran into the same problem, followed your suggestion (filename of the latest update is jre-6u2-windows-i586-p-s.exe) but still the same problem.

Kraut55

Kraut55, Jul 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question