Cannot instal Foxit PDF reader..tried everything!

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by branmin, Nov 9, 2011.

1. branmin

branmin

Vista home edition. used to be able to without any problem so I don't know what has happened. I have literally been on the boards and seen previous info on this forum and tried everything from administrator changes to now receiving the "create process failed operation requires elevation Code 740"

The only way it worked previously when I didn't receive the code 740(this comes and goes) was when I turned windows firewall off(which of course doesn't make sense)

I don't want to install Adobe as it's a bloated pig and appreciate help here once and for all, as it's driving me mad and also need it explained in simplistic terms pls...:confused::eek:

branmin, Nov 9, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. branmin

WAW8

Errors about elevation normally mean you tried to install something improperly. Try installing it again, but this time, if there is a file like setup.exe, right-click it and choose Run as Administrator. That will automatically setup the elevation for you.

WAW8, Nov 9, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. branmin

branmin

Thx very much, but at what stage(and where) am I likely to see setup.exe?

branmin, Nov 9, 2011
  4. branmin

okayo0

This is really strange!!

I would love to help you but I need some more info to know this issue better.Can you please provide me a screenshot of the license agreement you are getting?

(For taking screenshot,just hit "Print Scrn" on your keyboard when license agreement is open and then just paste it in MS Paint and save the image as jpg and upload it here with the help of upload image link.)

Also,it can be possible that your accept button is out of focus,so try one thing once:

1.Open Reader.

2.When Licence agreement comes,press right arrow key on your keyboard ONCE and then hit enter.

okayo0, Jan 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question