Cannot connect to network printer

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by hvrossum, May 17, 2007.

1. hvrossum

hvrossum

Hi

I am trying to connect to my network printers but no luck,

Setup is following. I have a Linksys wireless printerserver in my network. It has two printers.

In my network view I see the Printerserver and can also open it so the two printer queues.

When I try to connect going through add a printer it shows me the printers but I can't connect to them.

Strange, because from other XP stations in the network I don't have a problem.

Any hints?

Thanks

Harry

hvrossum, May 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. hvrossum

WAW8

I have a D-Link print server and when I set it up, I had to create special TCP/IP ports and settings so the XP machines could use the printers. When I set up a Vista box, I had to replicate the special port settings for Vista that I had used for XP.

So, when you set up the linksys print server, did you have to install any software, or create and special ports or settings?

WAW8, May 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. hvrossum

hvrossum

Seems that I needed to install the printerserver. Which I think is stange as for other XP machines I can just connect to the IP port and add the printer driver.

But it did the trick.

To bad that even MSFT didn't have a tip relating to this.

Thanks for the eyeopener

Harry

hvrossum, May 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question