Can NOT reformat vista!

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by stu.zzr, Sep 4, 2010.

1. stu.zzr

stu.zzr

Hi all.

I have a Toshiba laptop that I successfully reformatted several months ago using recovery disks I made when I first got my computer. When I did that I created new recovery discs, (I have kept the original disks).

I want to reformat my laptop again but I can’t. I have inserted the recovery disk and restarted but it started normally. I then entered BIOS at start up and asked my computer to boot from CD/DVD, still no luck. I have tried the original disks I have but nothing.

Does anybody know what I should do next?

Thanks guys

Stu

stu.zzr, Sep 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. stu.zzr

WAW8

Some combination of three things is true:
    1) Your CD reader won't work anymore. To confirm this, try a CD that you KNOW will work.
    2) Your CD(s) are damaged. Same approach as 1)
    3) Your BIOS is not really set to boot from CD/DVD. When you insert a bootable CD, the display should show a line containing "press any key to boot from CD" at the top of the screen. IF it does NOT show that, either the BIOS is not set properly, or the CD itself is not bootable.

WAW8, Sep 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question