can not install java add ons

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by adevine, Jul 17, 2009.

1. adevine

adevine

I just bought a new Vista Home Premium 64 bit from HP. I have the latest Java softwaredownloaded and installed. I frequent the National Weather Service website for weather updates. This website uses Java to display storm movements, this is called looping. When I get to this page it says it requires an add on but when I click the tab I get a
    "Windows has blocked this software because it can not verify the publisher."

I have used this same NOAA site for the previous 2 years with my last Vista computer with no problems.

Where can I turn off this block and download the software necessary to make this run again. Details please.

Thank you

adevine, Jul 17, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. adevine

adevine

Problem solved.

I read some of the other related topics regarding Java on the Microsoft website forum .

I went to the Control Panel and Programs and features to check on the installation of both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of Java. Only the 64 bit was installed.

I downloaded the offline 32 bit Java and installed. Now the Java works in the NOAA website in both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of Internet Explorer.

What I have learned.

In a 64 bit Vista system, apparently you need both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of Java - for Java to function properly in either the 64 bit or 32 bit version of Internet Explorer.

Thank you

adevine, Jul 21, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question