Can I see which computers are activated?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by SubHazy, Dec 18, 2006.

1. SubHazy

SubHazy

Just curious,

I have my valid key from Microsoft, however I am wondering if Microsoft would know which computers have been activated, and would they be able to tell me if asked (just as a general question).

The reason I am looking into this, is I have a feeling someone may have borrowed the key for their home use, and I just wanted to see if Microsoft knew.

If they can't then I'll probably report this to Microsoft, get a new one generated for myself and have my current one black listed or something.

Hopefully I have posted this in the right place, and thank you for your time reading.

Sam

SubHazy, Dec 18, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. SubHazy

Jason

I would think they have some sort of database containing this kind of activation data, whether or now they would disclose it to you is another privacy concern. The only way to really tell would be to just call them and ask.

Jason, Dec 18, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. SubHazy

Camride

They will at least be able to tell you how many times that code has been activated. If it's been activated more than you've used it ask them for a new code and blacklist the old one. Just call them up, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to take out a pirated key code.

:)

Camride, Dec 18, 2006
  4. SubHazy

SubHazy

Thank you for your replies, after thinking about it, you are probably right... the only people that really know is Microsoft, so there is no harm in asking.

Still if I find out anything that people do not currently know, I'll post it!

Thanks again for your replies!

S

SubHazy, Dec 18, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question