Calling top Vista gurus! Dual Router setup!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by castcore, Apr 5, 2008.

1. castcore

castcore

Hello, I know there are some Vista gurus in these forums, I need help! Thanks in advance!

Here is my issue.

I have Router A as a Local LAN connection connecting my network. Router A also has a DSL connection over the Lan.

I recently bought Router B with another internet connection, a much faster Cable connection.

I would like to maintain the Local connections of Router A but use Router B to allow computers in my network to connect to the faster cable wirelessly. (Yes, its still much faster than the DSL over lan with Router A)

When I enable both Networks in Vista Ultimate, the internet connection always defaults to Router A. Can somebody help me ?

**And no, it is not possible just to use one router, I wish it were that simple!***

castcore, Apr 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. castcore

WAW8

This is not actually a Vista question; it's a networking question. I'm moving this to the Networking forum. Perhaps someone there can answer your question about dual routers.

WAW8, Apr 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question