BSOD, win32k.sys

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by matt91, Jan 30, 2008.

1. matt91

matt91

Hi everybody.

I have been running vista since last Feb now and have had little problems. Today however i have had problems. Had a couple of explorer crashes earlier in the day and then tonight i have had a few more and now BSOD's. The BSOD's have gone too quick for me to write down anything other than win32k.sys. Tried looking through event viewer etc but cant find info related to the crash. I haven't installed anything (including no updates) in the last few days and use Kaspersky antivirus which is up to date.

I have done a chkdsk which ran without any errors. Looking on the internet i can't really find anybody with the same problems. Might it be a hardware problem, memory test maybe?

Thanks to anybody that can help, would rather not have to reinstall and loose things.

Matt

matt91, Jan 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. matt91

WAW8

Is your PC restarting right after it crashes with the BSOD? If so, change the setting to stop it from restarting. That will allow you to write down the info. Also, check out the recently "pinned" post about IE 7 crashes. Maybe that will help.

WAW8, Jan 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. matt91

matt91

Just changed the setting to not restart after, just have to wait now until it does it again. I don't use IE7 and wasn't open when this happens so i doubt it is to do with that.

matt91, Jan 30, 2008
  4. matt91

matt91

Hi, just been out for a few hours today and came back to another blue screen, has just been a few explorer crashes over the past day. Good news is i have got the info for the blue screen but it is not the same as before.

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x90FCD4B8, 0xB0DFC868, 0x00000000)

klif.sys - Address 90FCD4B8 base at 90FCC000, DateStamp 4649720F

Just want this system to be running properly. Would love a new C2D but thats not going to happen anytime soon :(

ps, cpu temp seems to be normal (for a prescott)

matt91, Feb 3, 2008
  5. matt91

WAW8

Check out the Troubleshooting Stop Messages pinned post. Maybe that will help.

WAW8, Feb 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question