BSOD when playing games requiring DirectX?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by StevenWonders, Oct 3, 2012.

1. StevenWonders

StevenWonders

I don't know if DirectX is the cause, but whenever I play Guild Wars 2, Vindictus, or Smite, it crashes and does 1 of 3 things.
    A) Before I updated my graphics driver, it would hum really loudly, display colors on my screen that made no sense (usually blue or brown w/ horizontal lines), and become irresponsive forcing me to unplug it or hold the power button to restart.
    B) After I updated my graphics driver, I started getting BSOD's. I've gotten 2 for Memory Management, 1 for -system service error-?, and 1 for -page FAIL In Nonpaged-?. Also, after updating my graphics driver, all the graphics on my games are messed up.
    C) it just goes to a black screen and starts to beep... Really weirds me out.

I do have 3 Minidumps (I don't know what from, I just read on a Win7 thread that I could check that and post the info for you guys) but I don't know how to open them to get the info out.

My computer is a windows Vista 2008 Inspiron 530 model w/ 6GB ram 2.53 Ghz and a 1GB HD ATI Radeon 3650 graphics card.

Any advice? I'll post what *little* i was able to take pictures of before I either restarted the computer, or it just shut off. (After seeing mini dumps, I see why I need to stop hastefully unplugging things & let it finish dumping... But if you could let me know how to post them, I would love to.)

Memory Management BSOD
    Didn't get much, but here it is. I'm taking out any extra 0's infront of the 0xnumber things.

0x1A, 0x3451 (Can't read the other 2. There's two after 0x3451. One I have no guess on, the last of the 4 LOOKS like 0x203)

And on the Page File BSOD
    0x50, 0x1A90, one that's all 0's, and a 0xFFFFF80002270557

Don't know if any of that makes sense... And I'm pretty sure I messed up the order on the Page File one, as this Pantech sucks in both quality & Putting my pictures upright. So I apologize. But let me know what you think, thanks everyone!

**Edit
    Oh, and I can play Maplestory/Runescape just fine. (Even though Maplestory requires more processing space than SMITE, at about 500,000 to 1,200,000 for Maplestory and only 350-550,000 for SMITE. Also, when I play SMITE's 1vNPC mode, I *normally* don't crash as much. But when I start multiplayer 5v5, I crash within 5 minutes.

**Edit... Again
    I just looked at this and now I'm lost. I'll try what they say, but a second trustable source (that isn't yahoo answers) would be nice. I'll post a link. -*Update*- can't post links, so I'll repost the info
    "
    I've been looking in to a few "memory management" BSOD's I've been getting, and I'm beginning to think its at fault to DirectX. So I ran Dxdiag to know which version I need to reinstall, when I realized this;

Name: ATI HD radeon 3600 series
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9598)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
    Approx. Total Memory: 3059
    Current display mode: 1024x768 (32-bit) (60Hz) //this is what confused me... I have a 64 bit computer... so why is it in 32 o.o

anyway, if that's not the problem, is DirectX 11 too strong for this graphics card? (i updated my graphics driver through Steam, should I just download it from the mainsite instead?)
    Also, I don't know if it matters, but my dxdiag uses 32-bit Unicode, which again, why is anything on my computer using 32-bit when I'm a 64-bit??
    "

I bought it straight from Dell.com and havent touched anything, so I'ma be mad if they screwed me >=O! lol. My graphics card when I open my display settings only allowes 32-bit and 16-bit, so I dismissed it. Could that be the problem? (It would explain why I crash 50/50 when opening things in Full Screen) (I think) (Sorry for the 2nd edit)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    StevenWonders, Oct 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question