BSOD page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Rhapsody, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Rhapsody

Rhapsody

I have a Vista OS which constantly gives BSOD page fault in nonpaged area even in Safe Mode and Last known good configuration...
    I cannot even make it to the repair even booting and loading setup from Vista cd...
    When I try from cd it gives the same bsod but with ntfs.sys like a cause of the problem.
    I checked the memory for errors and none where found.
    I tried every stick by itself on every ram slot but it didn't helped.
    I tried Mini xp from hiren's and I still get the error. The disk had bad sectors which are recovered but has a big delay in the first sectors. I tried running chkdsk from Volkov commander and it says memory allocation failure.
    Bios reset with shorting and hardware cleaning didn't helped.

Problem Solved and the reason for the BSOD was amazing!
    I wanted to run chkdsk on another PC and the very same BSOD happened on two different Windows 7 computers... So it was something to do with either the power of the hdd or the files themselves. I moved the hyberfil.sys and pagefile.sys from the system partition USING LINUX which is very important step! And VOILA the BSOD stop! :)
    The reason I used Linux is because it doesn't use these Windows system files which seems to be used immediately after connecting the HDD on another Windows OS computer.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    Rhapsody, Jun 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question