BSOD in Vista Beta 2

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Fouve, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Fouve

Fouve

I installed the 32 bit version of Beta 2 and it worked fine. I then decided to install the 64 bit edition to see the difference sinec I've heard it's more stable...will it proved naught. I keep constantly getting a BSOD "Unknown Hard Error". System specs are listed below and all of them are working properly. My mouse is skipping every 3-4 seconds on screen and it's like a mini freeze-up in Windows. I'm guessing it has to do with the processor recognition or drivers because of the 32 bit to 64 bit change but I could be mistaken. Anywho, here are my specs. Any help is appreciated.

AMD 64 X2 3800+ 2GB Gigaram DR3200 NVidia GeForce 7800GT

ASUS SLI K8N MB 5 HDD(300GB SATA drive for Vista)

Fouve, Jun 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Fouve

Jason

Did you format the driver before re-installing x64? It doesnt sound like its a cpu problem. When you boot into safe mode is everything fine? You said you get BSOD..when?

Jason, Jun 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Fouve

Fouve

Format the driver? You mean format the drive? I did a clean format, nothing on the drive when vista was installed. I ended up re-installing Vista and did not install my audio drivers. It seems that they were the problem. Vista is kinda running sluggish still at the moment. Nothing installed as of yet because I have not been able to find the drivers for my motherboard(Asus KN8 SLI). Seems it was my audio drivers that Windows had a problem with though. I'm going to try to find some vista compatible drivers for it. Please let me know if you have any places or suggestions to go from here. Thanks!

Fouve, Jun 13, 2006
  4. Fouve

Jason

Right now its tough to say what drivers will work if that soundcard will be supported. ITs best just to wait until the final release to go buying any new hardware or looking for drivers. This is one reason why I dont suggest using vista as a primary os.

Jason, Jun 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question