Browsers won't display certain sites like google maps and many others, they use to wo

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by case310350, Feb 16, 2012.

1. case310350

case310350

Certain websites like google maps, twitter, as well as many other sites do not work with vista. I reloaded vista about a month ago and all these sites worked fine, but over time the system degrades. I.E., Firefox, Chrome all do the same thing. Not sure where to start, is this a java issue? Direct X? what I have no idea. Reloading is a pain so any help would be great.

case310350, Feb 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. case310350

WAW8

I'm not aware of this being any kind of usage-over-time issue with Vista. I used it for three years and never encountered this at all.

If the sites are all accessed after a reinstall, then either something your adding after that, or something you installed later, is blocking the site.

I would start out by using MSCONFIG, selecting the startup tab, disabling ALL the things that get loaded, rebooting, and seeing if site access returns. IF it does, it's something you're loading as part of startup that is blocking your sites.

IF it does not, it's more likely a Windows Update, or something else you installed or upgraded since the last reinstall -- and the only real way to address that (unfortunately) is to do ANOTHER reinstall, and carefully watch to see what then causes the problem.

WAW8, Feb 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question