Both speakers, and earphones do not work after I upgraded from XP to Vista

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ohna5454, May 11, 2008.

1. ohna5454

ohna5454

I Upgraded from XP to Vista ultimate, and all of a sudden my sound doesnt work. when i click on the sound icon on the bottom right bar, it says no audio devices installed( i even right clicked and checked off the boxes), even though both my earphones are plugged in, and my speakers are plugged in. PLZ HELP!

ohna5454, May 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. ohna5454

WAW8

That's because, in the vast majority of cases, XP audio drivers do NOT work in Vista. You will have to install Vista audio drivers for your sound chip/card. Windows Updates might take care of this if you give it a day or so. But if a few days goes by and there are no Windows Updates for your sound drivers, you will have to hunt them down yourself,.

WAW8, May 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. ohna5454

ohna5454

yeah...its been 3 days and sometime between the time I went to school and the time I came back it started to work. could it be that update you were talking about?

ohna5454, May 12, 2008
  4. ohna5454

WAW8

If you have automatic updates turned on (which you shouldn't), that's most probably what happened. Now that you have a working system, turn off automatic updates. You don't want Vista automatically changing your drivers any more.

WAW8, May 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question