BOOTMGR is compressed and i cannot boot from CD/Disk

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by nprockstar, Jan 3, 2009.

1. nprockstar

nprockstar

I am so lost and have been researching this all day long, but nothing that suits what i am going through.

Here is my dilemma:

I clicked a little box and compressed my C:/ drive by accident, thinking it would save me some disk space and next thing i know, my Toshiba Laptop no longer boots up. I made myself a bootable Vista disk but found out that when restarting my computer with Ctrl + Alt + Del...nothing happens...and I even set CD-Rom as first in line in the BIOS.

Now, what can I do? I have researched this all day and keepgoing in circles.:(

nprockstar, Jan 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. nprockstar

WAW8

Well, first off, this particular forum is for posting Vista downloads -- which you're clearly NOT doing.

If you had gone instead to the Recovery forum, you might have found some posts there that were useful.

I've provided some suggestions below ... but will be moving this post to the Recovery forum.

Presuming that you have a Vista DVD, boot from it.

Select "Repair my Computer"

At the prompt to select your OS installation, click the button that says "Load Drivers".

This should launch a file browser.

Then just right-click on the drive you compressed, and deselect "Compress this Drive"

Hit apply and apply to subfolders/files.

When done, reboot.

WAW8, Jan 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question