Bluesceen - Picture included

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by XtremeVision, Jul 23, 2007.

1. XtremeVision

XtremeVision

OKay.. I've been having some serious problems with a wierd bluescreen everytime I try to play some games, and also now recently when I try to go on Nvidia.com index, the bluescreen comes in a flash when the site is downloading. This is the same bluescreen I get when I try to play games, and just use the computer.

Id really appreciate all kind of help, this is getting very serious.. =\

[​IMG]

XtremeVision, Jul 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. XtremeVision

MrMagic

Egads, the infamous Blue Screen of Death! Can you say hosed?

MrMagic, Jul 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. XtremeVision

XtremeVision

So, there is no way to fix this? hmmm

XtremeVision, Jul 23, 2007
  4. XtremeVision

kingofnexus

I found this:

0x00000101
    Child device object
    Child device object
    Parent device object
    A parent device object has detected that a child device has not set the
    DO_POWER_PAGABLE bit.

This Stop message typically occurs during events that involve power state
    transitions, such as:

Shutting down.

Suspending or resuming from standby mode.

Suspending or resuming from hibernate mode.

Resolving the Problem
    The following suggestions are specific to Stop 0x9F errors.

Stop 0x9F messages can occur after installing faulty applications or drivers
    or system services. If a file is listed by name and you can associate it with
    an application, uninstall the application. For drivers, disable, remove, or
    roll back that driver to determine if this resolves the error. If it does,
    contact the hardware manufacturer for a possible update. Using updated
    software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications,
    antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

So basically its either a power supply problem (very unlikely), or a driver problem. Boot into safe mode (so you dont get the bsod) and go into device manager. Uninstall the drivers for your graphics card in there (right click 'uninstall device' or something like that). Restart into windows normally, and download the latest nvidia drivers and do certian things that would normally bring about the bsod and see if it happens. I wouldn't play any games though, as no drivers are installed.

kingofnexus, Jul 24, 2007
  5. XtremeVision

Jason

It's something w/ the cpu and power/voltage. How many watts is your powerSupply?

From what I think it's saying is that a clock was lost, or in other words the system clock speed got screwed up somehow.

Jason, Jul 25, 2007
  6. XtremeVision

XtremeVision

I tried unistall nvidia drivers in safemodeand installed fresh ones, but that didn't work..I'm currently on 580W, and I've been overclocking a bit, just to testnew clock speeds..That's set to normal again though..I could try to wipe outmy current PSU and try another one, just too se if it does any good..

EDIT: OKay, I also tried to check of the PSU was faulty by replacing it with a new one that I had.. Same problem..

XtremeVision, Jul 25, 2007
  7. XtremeVision

AmericanNightmare

You reset your BIOS to default or just reset your CPU OC back to normal?

Try this may not help but then again maybe it will help you get your clocks back on an even keel. The first utility on the list.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

By some accounts the 4600+ series do not take well to overclocking. If you could let us know just exactly how you were OC'ing before b/c something is to use a very technical term "out of whack"! Thank you for being so specific BTW in your original post makes our lives easier.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 25, 2007
  8. XtremeVision

Jason

I'd try a re-install orrepair, if the problem persists then it sounds like you may have burned up your cpu.

EDIT: Is your cpu a dual core or have HT? The message seems to imply that it is.

Jason, Jul 26, 2007
  9. XtremeVision

PieManHilmy

hmmmm... i remember this, it happened to my old graphics card. You said you were overclocking right? if it was your graphics card you may have burned it out or it may have been damaged in someway (have you got suffecient cooling or was the fan mounted properly?). im speaking from experience. i would constantly get the 0x000000101 messages when playing games. i fixed it when i bought my new 8600GTS graphics card.It can also be the cpu, but thats not always the case.

1. Try getting the latest drivers.

2. Reset your bios, to eliminate any overclocked settings and revert them back to default settings

3. try turning down your graphics cards core clock speed by a few mhz.

If these dont work then try:

1.Borrowing a graphics card off a friend (if you can) and see what happens.

2. Alternativley there could be an error in your registry, this is 99% of the time not the case, but its worthscanning your registry to see if that is the problem.

3. If all else fails you may need to do what i did and purchase a new card (or a new cpu).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Hilmy aka [email protected]$

PieManHilmy, Jul 28, 2007
  10. XtremeVision

XtremeVision

Thank you so much for your help and support guys! I think I've finaly found out what the problem was.

OKay, here it goes! Some drivers I got with my Motherboard included onboard graphic card drivers, so they crashed with the ones I was using, seems like it got a bit mixed up. (Due to lack of information on what kind of drivers I was installing)

What I did do, is following: Installed XP(Changing to Vista atm), then downloaded the nForce 430 drivers without the intergrated graphic driver from Nvidia.com, and then following up with the graphic drivers that came with the card.. It seems to have fixed the problem. Kind of wierd, after-all sinceit wouldn't let me uninstall the previous drivers before installing the new ones.. That made it mess up the process between pci-e card and Motherboard..

Anyway, thank you again foryour help and support!

Greets, X-V

XtremeVision, Aug 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question