blue screen of death when i boot vista

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by cadizfan1, Aug 11, 2008.

1. cadizfan1

cadizfan1

when i boot vista, it brings up a menu to repair console or boot normally when i choose to boot normally i gives me the bsod, now when run a diagnostic in the bios it does not recognize the hard drive, when i boot from the cd to run the repair console to fix a os it does not show the os, whe i go to dos to try to fix it it gives a x: partition, but the cd rom drive shows it as f: drive and the hard drive as d: but no partition. all my files seem to be gone

cadizfan1, Aug 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. cadizfan1

WAW8

How about some system specs? Like, what drives (hard disk, optical) are in the machine? When you boot to a command line, what "disks" are shown?

What did you do most recently to the machine?

WAW8, Aug 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. cadizfan1

quasar

Buy a copy of Spinrite and run it. Spinrite has fixed many similarly "broken" hard drives. You should check out their customer feedback page. It mentions one where somebody had a BSOD on boot-up that Spinrite fixed.

quasar, Aug 22, 2008
  4. cadizfan1

WAW8

cadizfan1:

If you won't get back to us, we can't help you. How about some answers to the questions I posted?

WAW8, Aug 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question