Blue Screen of Death on Vista!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by shopunke, Feb 20, 2007.

1. shopunke

shopunke

Hi there,

I looked back and didn't see this posted anywhere on the forums, so please don't flame me if I'm repeating a question! ):

I purchased a HP Pavillion laptop about three weeks ago, a dv6000 limited edition with Vista. It's got 2 gigs of ram, and I don't remember what else because I'm not terribly computer savvy. Sorry! In the past week or so, however, I've been getting the BSOD on startup- and it does a crash dump, or something along those lines. For the first time it happened while actually doing something on the laptop, I was surfing the net and chatting on AIM when it appeared... but it's usually just on startup.

I'm a little bit peeved, but I've come to realize that Vista is buggy because it's so new. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix it? I'll be heading over to Geek Squad or something sometime this weekend if I can't get it resolved myself.

And I don't have a Vista disk, which completely baffles me. It just didn't come with one... so, I don't know.

Thanks for any advice.

shopunke, Feb 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. shopunke

Jason

First you need to get logged in either through normal boot or safe mode and right click your computer. Then go to advanced settings on leftand startup & Recovery. And uncheck "Automatically Restart" Next time it blue screens it will keep the blue screen up and you can read exactly what the error is. Go ahead and post it on here.

Jason, Feb 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. shopunke

VistaRocks

Yes do what Jason said. Remember that with a store bought computer nowadays they dont usually give out disks. Once we get you going again then you need to read your documentation that came with your computer. It should tell you about makind recovery disks. You might also have a recovery partition on your hard drive that could also be used to fix some problems. First things first and thats to follow what Jason said. Good luck and post back your error code if you get it.

VistaRocks, Feb 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question