Blue Screen of Death!! always appearing when not wanted.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Travis1012, May 26, 2007.

1. Travis1012

Travis1012

I keep getting the blue screen of death. The strange thing is I only get it everytime i open a picture or something similar. Also my webcam doesnt function and there are several other problems such as half the programs not working. I am currently running a NEC E6210 (laptop) which i have upgraded to Windows Vista using the discs supplied with the Windows Vista Capable deal. Since it was Capable of running Windows Vista I installed it not expecting to get all these problems.

Current Specification<UL><LI>Ram: 1 GB</LI><LI>Harddrive : 80GB</LI><LI>Graphics Card: Geforce GO 7300</LI><LI>Processor: Intel Pentium Core 2 DUO 1.66GHz</LI><LI>Webcam</LI>[/list]

It did have Windows XP media edition before I used the discs sent to me with the Windows Vista Capable deal to upgrade it.

Can someone please help me

Travis1012, May 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Travis1012

WAW8

When you get the BSOD, you need to write down the stop code. That will help to identify what crashed the machine.

Regarding programs not working in Vista, have you tried compatibility mode? That seems to fix a lot of the compatibility problems.

Also, check to see if the application is in the following list:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933305

Was your machine indicated as "Vista Capabile" or Vista Premium Capable"? IF the former, you'll be limited in what you can do.

Did the seller of the machine provide you any instructions on how to do the upgrade, or did you just load the DVD and let it run?

WAW8, May 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question