Black Screen

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Kristin, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Kristin

Kristin

I have a HP Vista Home Premium Laptop, its about 2-3 years old now.
    Recently its been getting a red hue on the lower left corner, after a week or two it stopped, and the screen went back to normal brightness for about 2 days then it randomly started blinking the previous day would blink black/grayish and would have green/red lines run across screen, today earlier it did the same thing then the laptop just shut off suddenly. I tried to reboot it but it would load up for about 5 seconds and shut down again, the whole time the screen was pure black. I then pressed the power button and alt together it started up, but the screen was still black i faced the laptop towards a really bright light and i could see my desktop somewhat then it shut off again. Now i read a few forums with people with semi-similar issues as mine, and some say its the CPU other say its the laptop screen dying...but idk why the whole computer would shut off if it were just the laptop screen dying. As far as CPUs go, its a onboard graphics card a intel one that i checked the driver of previously and it was fine. Kinda lost on to what it could be, going to take apart the laptop tomorrow...really don't want to since hp loves making laptops that are a pain to take apart.

This laptop had no previous issues before. No cracks on the screen. I'm really at a loss on what the issue could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Kristin, Nov 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question