Black screen

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by ohwiseone, May 21, 2006.

1. ohwiseone

ohwiseone

I went and intalled 5381.1 beta and i installed well after i did It went through fine but when i get done I just have a black desktop with no start bar or anything...i do have a cursor though..and i also the the Beta 2 thing

at the bottom.

If anyone has had this problem please tell me how to fix it.

ohwiseone, May 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. ohwiseone

Jason

Sounds like a problem w/ your video drivers.

Next time you boot up xp, right when the computer turns on start pressing the F8 key over and over again until a screen comes up which gives you options on how to start windows. Find the one which says "Safe Mode" and select it. Now when windows boots up you should be able to view everything but it will not be as crisp. Once you are in, just go look online for the latest video drivers for your card for vista download and install.

Jason, May 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. ohwiseone

ohwiseone

Going to do that now

ohwiseone, May 21, 2006
  4. ohwiseone

ohwiseone

There invidia and i have no clue how to install them threw XP there is no Install you have to go through the Windows Device Something...

I know i am asking a lot of questions its just that I really have no clue

ohwiseone, May 23, 2006
  5. ohwiseone

Jason

Check the forums for the nvidia vista drivers, there are a few posts on them and maby a sticky. You just download and run them to install the drivers, but you will need to do in safemode since you wont be able to see anything.

Jason, May 24, 2006
  6. ohwiseone

doormatt20

I am having the same problem with build 5384.4. I can see the cursor and the build type at the bottom right side of the screen but thats it. i have already downloaded the vista nvidia drivers needed for my video cards (SLI 7800 gt oc) to my hard drive. I cant see anything so i am unable to install them. When i boot into safe mode i have the same problem, black screen. i have tried uninstalling all video drivers and then reinstalling vista but no luck. if anybody finds a solution, please post it. Im still looking for a solution myself.

doormatt20, May 28, 2006
  7. ohwiseone

Jason

If it still does it even in safe mode, then there was an install problem. Try re-installing. IF that doesnt work then, if it was a downloaded install it may be corrupt so try re-downloading and re-installing. You can also try installing on a different computer. If everything fails, you may just need to wait for a better build.

Jason, May 29, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question