black screen windows recovery not working.

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by geraldmiller55, Jan 22, 2011.

1. geraldmiller55

geraldmiller55

Hello,
    I have an issue with my laptop. I opened it and it started to load then went to a black screen with a white cursor in left corner. The cursor slowly loaded and i let it go . after two hours the page read windows error recovery at the top and gave me 3 options as far as safe mode and starting windows normally. however when i try to use arrow keys to scroll the choices the keys just beep. I have tried choosing an option and restarting the computer and nothing?

geraldmiller55, Jan 22, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. geraldmiller55

WAW8

How are you choosing an option when the arrow keys don't work?

Are you sure caps-lock an other special keys aren't pressed?

If your laptop keyboard doesn't work, try plugging in a USB keyboard. If that still doesn't work, you need the check with where you got the laptop to see about tech support. If the USB keyboard does work, that implies that the builtin keyboard is defective -- which would require replacement -- not something you should try yourself unless you're experienced in working on laptops. In this case too, you should contact where you bought it to see about tech support.

WAW8, Jan 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question