Black screen on set up, fixed this but....

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by John_N, Sep 10, 2006.

1. John_N

John_N

Hi guys,

I have been trying to get a fix for my comp installing Vista since Pre RC1 and RC1, very similar probs that I have read across the internet. I installed it using using DVD and also image drive solution, but was always getting reboot to a blank screen.

I solved it it, but also I still have an issue with it.

My Specs are as follows (it is relevant honest)

3800 XP Dual Core, NF3 Gigabyte Ultra board 939 AGP MB

2 Gig of crucial Memory, GeForce 6800 GT Card

7 Hard Drives, 2 x 250's 2 x 200, 2 160's and an 80 with both XP Pro and Vista now on.

I use an PCI IDE card to hook up the 4 HD's, 2 on SATA and 1 on the main IDE of the motherboard along with Pioneer 110d DVD Burner.

I discovered i could get the install to work is if I unhooked the PCI IDE card and carry on the vista install. Once Vista was installed, I tried to put the PCI IDE card back in, but it to me back to blank screen. Noted that the sata drives work.

I am not sure if the Vista does not like my PCI slots or if its the card itself, but I would suggest anyone having the install problem take out all their PCI equipment and try install again.

I hope this kinda made sense, I got a semi working Vista and its alot better than beta two, just that I am missing a hell of a lot HD space now.

John_N, Sep 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. John_N

John_N

Solved it,

Disable your RAID settings in BIOS, this will get past Blank screen or CRC fail......

All working now, only took 3 days of trying things tog et this working...

John_N, Sep 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question