Black Screen in games + tests

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by freakyyyyyyy, Sep 29, 2012.

1. freakyyyyyyy

freakyyyyyyy

Hi guys,

I did some research on my problem, and people ask for tests like FurMark.
    For the FurMark test, see the image.

PROBLEM: I get a black screen in games. The sounds loops and I have to manually reset the laptop. I have this problem for over half a year now. I cleaned out the entire PC (as in, dust-free). It seemed to help, but it didn't solve the problem, it still occurred.
    Now its getting out of hand, I can basically just start up a game and it crashes.
    The temperature of the GPU doesn't get much higher than 72C when playing.
    Note that I added a speedfan recording. I can't get one of a game, cause it will just crash.

It's a HP Compaq 8510W notebook, see attachment for more specs.

Thx in advance!

Attached Files:

freakyyyyyyy, Sep 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. freakyyyyyyy

ClarkTNTien

Hello. I would just suggest you load a small game as a test. If that works, then it could be that you laptop cannot handle the extreme pressure put on by the game. Most games that use high-end graphics card like NVIDIA usually are on desktops with Quadcore machines. My uncle used to play intense graphic consuming games all the time. 3D rendering, multi-player, etcetera.

ClarkTNTien, Sep 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. freakyyyyyyy

freakyyyyyyy

It manages to run the smaller games. Now the game I'm running is League of Legends, even at it's lowest graphics.
    The thing is it did run well about a year ago, no problems at all, at highest graphics.

I think my graphics card is like decaying, as it's been running for over 4 years now. Im thinking about buying a new one, yet I might as well buy a whole new desktop instead as that isn't much more expensive.
    I don't want to waste money (I'm still a Dutchman) so I thought I'd ask first.

freakyyyyyyy, Sep 30, 2012
  4. freakyyyyyyy

ClarkTNTien

If you give me some time, my uncle and cousin who plays heavy gaming might tell me what system is good. However, I hear Alien is a great gaming system if you can afford it. Last I looked, it was a little on the expensive side for an Alien brand gaming laptop. Maybe the prices has dropped dramatically over the last year or two.

Link to systems follow:
    http://www.alienware.com/

The lowest gaming well known laptop from this company goes for $1,000.00
    It has the best brand graphics processor in there: NVIDIA

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    ClarkTNTien, Sep 30, 2012
  5. freakyyyyyyy

freakyyyyyyy

Don't worry about the gaming laptop. My main concern is that I have a laptop that works with AutoDesk products, as I am an engineer. I'm just worried that, since the games crash, those programs will start crashing in the near future too.

Basically I would very much love this notebook to start running smoothly again, so I really just need an answer to how to fix the problem..

freakyyyyyyy, Sep 30, 2012
  6. freakyyyyyyy

ClarkTNTien

Sorry. Okay. The answer to your problem is to restore the entire laptop to factory default. You need your original product key which should be on your laptop. You have to call Microsoft to activate it again. However, this is the ONLY way to ensure that all is back to normal. If you do not have the restore disc, you can call your computer manufacturer and order a restore disc. Just give them the model of your laptop. If you want to be sure, that is the best way to go. If you want to do it manually, call Microsoft or buy one of the operating systems and install it. I would recommend calling for instance, Dell (if that is your brand) for the restore disc. Since they manufactured it, they know their machine.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    ClarkTNTien, Sep 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question