Black Screen After First Reboot During Install

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by bobthegopher, Jun 23, 2007.

1. bobthegopher

bobthegopher

Ok, I've tried to do this a few different ways (clean install and upgrade to normal C:, clean install and upgrade to a second, empty partition) and nothing is working. I've done some research and it appears to be my motherboard that is the problem, I've read that Vista won't support it and NVIDIA hasn't released any support on it. I've tried some of the workaround suggested in other forums, such as selecting Fail-Safe Defaults from the BIOS during the reboot, but none of them have worked. Here are my specs, if anyone knows of a way I can get this installed, I would be very grateful.

+ XP SP2

+ AMD 2600+

+ 1GB RAM, 1.91 GHZ

+ RADEON 9800 PRO

+ NVIDIA NFORCE2 MOBO

+ Maxtor 120GB HD (40GB/80GB Partitions), Seagate 320GB HD (120/120 Partitions)

Now, I think my friend set my computer up on a RAID Controller for the HD's, and that may also be causing some problems. I'm not a genius with computers, but I can certainly hold my own, and that is the one thing I don't know anything about. So yeah, I hope someone knows a way to help. Thanks.

bobthegopher, Jun 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. bobthegopher

WAW8

Apart from suggestions you may get here, suggest you contact the nForcers Forum -- they have lots of postings from fellow nForce2 mobo owners about their Vista experiences.

The URL is: http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/

WAW8, Jun 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question