Black and White 2 and Vista?

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by Tiki, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Tiki

Tiki

Anyone have problems running Black and White 2 on Vista? I'm using Build 5600 RC1 and whenever I try to play BW2 it seems to be working once I'm in the game for about 5 seconds, then the sound chops up and stops altogether, as well as the game. Ultimately it ends with me watching a still screen of the last thing I did for about 10 minutes, and then restarting my computer. When playing on XP I ran the game at 1280x1024 with everything on high (minus anti-aliasing) and it ran about 30 fps constant. Any ideas? I'll try using the Vista drivers instead of my nvidia Vista drivers first.

Tiki, Oct 2, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Tiki

Tiki

I've located the problem and a new question.

Problem: I'm using an Nvidia based custom computer and the drivers for Vista that are currently released (96.33) are complete crap. ATI based computers have no trouble because ATI is on top of the Vista updates and have good drivers.

Question: Has anyone found a way around this to make games run well on Nvidia computers?

Tiki, Oct 3, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Tiki

Camride

I won't be much help, as I have ATI in both of my Vist PC's. I have B&W2 but haven't installed it on Vista yet. Honestly, I think until Nvidia comes out with updated/better drivers for Vista you're going to have a ahrd time playing it. Hopefully they will be coming out with them soon, since Vista's retail release is coming up very soon. Fortunately most other games play pretty well in Vista so you'll still have plenty to keep you busy until better drivers are released.

:)

Camride, Dec 20, 2006
  4. Tiki

Evonow

WOW works fine running Vista Premium and an X1950 Pro. That's the only one that i've installed so far.

Evonow, Feb 26, 2007
  5. Tiki

[sa]shade

OK, well I'm playing a demo of it right now and it dose the same thing :crazy: should I take my nvidia driver and throw it out and get a ATI? And should I buy BW2? Also BFME I dose that too sometimes

[sa]shade, Mar 27, 2007
  6. Tiki

KoRRoDEAD

I'm also having a problem running B+W2 on vista.... tho i realise it could be the disc but highly doubt it.... basically everytime i play and have to start a new game i do the annoying camera tutorial then it tells me about scrolls but as soon as it pans the camera over to where the villagers are supposed to be it immediatly crashes looking at the hut roof with no villagers visable.... and the only way to get out of it is to turn my computer off....

but the thing is i lent the disc to my mate who also has vista and he has completed it now.... soo.....

my graphics card is ATI Raedon HD 2600 btw....

do you recon its vista or the disc?

KoRRoDEAD, Aug 15, 2008
  7. Tiki

Innovation

I have the exact same problem.. - In the tutorial, right after the control guide, it goes in black screen.
    - Which computer do you have? It could be something with the computer? Because I would like to find a solution too. :)

- Innovation ;)

Innovation, Nov 16, 2008
  8. Tiki

nonsense

Same exact problem here! I'm desperate! Someone who knows what to do? :/

nonsense, Feb 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question